If the concept of moving sounds exhausting in advance, it could be that you haven’t been using any of the following five tips for simplifying your next move. If you do these before you even receive the first offer on your home, your future move will already be easier than it has been in the past.
1. Sort your belongings into groups. You should have a group of:
a. Things you need
b. Things that you need, but not immediately
c. Things that you should give away
2. Give yourself plenty of time. Be patient; it takes time to get organized. You’ll be going through a lot of things that you haven’t seen in quite some time, and you’ll want to carefully make the decision to either keep it, throw it out, or donate it.
3. Pack your things into clear and/or labeled containers. Be sure to clearly designate what is inside each box or container, as well as what room it’ll go in once you’ve brought it to your new home.
4. Recycle unnecessary papers. This includes magazines, books, newspapers, and things you’re not using and don’t plan to in the future. These things clutter up your home and make it seem much smaller than it really is.
5. Do it now. Stop what you’re doing right now and make a plan for your move—mark it on your calendar. Setting up a clear time frame for when your organization needs to be finished will save you so much time and stress when you receive your first offer.
Hopefully, these tips help make your next move simpler and stress-free. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be glad to help.