Strategically staging your home can help you achieve a faster sale and a higher price, and there are a few key tips our team recommends when taking on this task.
1. Boost your property’s curb appeal. Changing out hardware, sprucing up your yard, and painting the exterior of your home can go a long way in making your property stand out. Each of these changes will make your home appear cleaner, and clean sells.
2. Create ambiance. Your home should appeal to all five of a buyer’s senses. So make sure your home has lots of light, subtle fragrances, and quiet music playing in the background. To play on buyers’ sense of touch, incorporate textured objects that evoke warmth, such as blankets, throughout the home. Also, it never hurts to have a plate of candy or fresh-baked cookies ready for buyers to enjoy when they tour your listing.
3. Embrace floor space. Before buyers enter your property, it is essential that you remove clutter. Don’t leave anything unnecessary lying around.
4. Emphasize architectural details. It’s always a good idea to highlight the features that make your home unique.
5. Play up the idea of lifestyle. When our team lists properties, we profile the type of buyer we believe will be interested in it. Beyond showcasing your property, it’s important to showcase the lifestyle buyers can expect to lead while living there.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.